Walleyes for Chetek
Each year since 2003, Walleyes for Chetek plants 1000's of eight to ten inch Walleyes at the boat landing where Lake Chetek and Pokegama Lake meet. 2014 was the eleventh year of planting juvenile walleye in the Chetek Chain of Lakes.
The biggest obstacle for planting juvenile walleye in the Chetek chain of lakes is the cost. To date, the CLPA has spent $110,000 for the 50,000+ walleyes released in the chain of lakes.
A DNR census of walleyes taken in April of 2012 resulted in a total of 821 walleyes — 7% were 7-14 inches, leaving 93% of walleyes released in the Chetek Lakes over 15 inches in length!